- Voted Norway’s best whiskybar for its wide selection of whiskies and its unpretentious, enthusiastic service
- Welcome to a refurbished Terminus Whiskybar and its collection of over 1000 labels
- Bar menu – with stonebaked pizza, light meals, main courses, and desserts at reasonable prices from Terminus’ acclaimed kitchen
- The only bar in Norway, and the Nordics, with gold rating in the official "Great Whisky Bars of the World"
- Over 1000 different whiskies
- Wide choice of alternative refreshments, and an impressive range of speciality beers
- Unique setting – an almost six-metre-high ceiling, a massive fireplace, and intricate craftsmanship reminiscent of the classicism typical for Bergen
- Voted Bergen’s best hotel bar in 2012 and Norway’s best whiskybar in 2008
- On The Culture Trip listing of the 10 best bars in Bergen
Monday – Thursday, 16.00 – 00.30; Friday – Saturday, 16.00 – 01.00. Extended opening hours for functions can be arranged. The kitchen usually closes at 22.00.
More info or any questions?
Gold Bar - rating in Whisky Magazine world overview
The bar is the only one i Norway and the Nordic countries with gold- rating. We consider this to be the highest ranking a whisky bar could achieve. The news was released with the list of 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Check the list here
Check ranking in "Top 20 Whisky Bars of the World"!
Review: "The best whiskybar in Scandinavia - BY FAR!! With over 500 whiskies from all over the world, fantastic location and a superb staff - this is the place to go for whisky. Gold status in the Great Whiskybars of the World 2010, their own whiskyfestival WHISKY-MEET, tastings and promotions every month. Must be one of the best bars in the world." Read more.
Voted Norway's best whiskybar
At Oslo Whisky Festival, which attracts over 1400 whisky enthusiasts + staff and suppliers annually, a prize is awarded for Norway’s best whiskybar. In fierce competition with some twenty other bars, Grand Whiskybar came out on top for 2008.
The judging panel's comments: “Since its opening in 2006, Grand Whiskybar has become a meeting point for whisky enthusiasts – not only from Western Norway, but from all over the country. Its shelves are stacked with a steadily growing whisky collection that can satisfy even the most experienced palate. A team of friendly and unpretentious bartenders offer comprehensive whisky knowledge and are always keen to learn more – traits greatly appreciated by our customers.”
In February 2011, we were voted Bergen’s best bar during the Bergen Bar Awards, and two of our employees were among the four nominees for bartender of the year.
More about the whiskybar
This classic room features a six-metre-high ceiling, impressive beams and panels, and a massive fireplace – an experience not to be missed. The bar is open throughout the day, and offers an area to relax with free coffee/tea and the daily papers. It is a popular meeting point for hotel guests and locals alike. In the afternoon it is often used for aperitifs, and it is also the ideal place to gather for after-dinner drinks. A charming garden is right outside – a green oasis in the heart of the city. Extended opening hours available during the Christmas party season and on request. A selection of wine, champagne, beer, cognac, and other refreshments is also available.
The bar offers both light dishes and evening meals in the price range NOK 75 – 230. Group menus are available if booked in advance.
Welcome to a unique setting with a six-metre-high ceiling and an open fire!
Or call us on +47 55 21 25 00